I have a health insurance plan. How does it work to pay my medical bills?

  It depends on whether the  provider (Doctor or clinic facility) has a signed agreement with your insurance carrier, for the card to be accepted up front or not, I.e., whether the doctor or the clinic is considered to be within the network or outside the network of providers affiliated with the insurance carrier.
   
  Traditionally Insurance Plans
  Traditionally insurance companies break down your yearly medical expenses into:

a) The Deductible
b) The Insurance payment
c) The Co-Pay

The deductible  is usually the first $200 of expense incurred for the calendar year. The deductible must be paid by the patient ( the insured), and evidence of doing so has to be submitted to the insurance company before  parts b and c will take effect. Once  the insurance company  has received evidence that you have already met (paid) deductible  portion  of your expense, then insurance payments can begin. While the proportion may vary  (depending on which insurance plan you have), the insurance typically pays 80%  and the insured (patient) pays  20% (the Co-pay).
   
  PPOs/Provider Networks

 

Many insurance companies now work preferentially with a PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) or a Network of Preferred Providers( doctors , clinics, hospitals, etc.)  In such cases, once the medical services  are obtained from providers within the network, then  the insurance plan  usually  has no deductible requirement . The patient pays the co-pay of 20% and the remaining 80% is submitted to the insurance company for payment. Furthermore, within the network the patient is not responsible for the insurance paperwork ( the simply present the card, the preferred provider is responsible for the paperwork).

When medical  services are obtained from providers who are not in the network, however, then the deductible will apply . Outside of the network the patient may have to pay up-front then submit paperwork for appropriate refund from the insurance company. Alternatively,  for more costly  procedures, some doctors office may accept  to have the insurance company pay them directly (special  agreement  with the insured). 

   

Which Medical insurance cards does the clinic accept?

  Currently we accept the card from the following insurance companies:
  1. Atlantic Southern Insurance Co.
  2. Colonial BVI
  3. Lloyds
  4. Nemwil
  5. BUPA (Some groups)
  6. Good Health
  7. Nagicare
  8. Azimuth Risk Solutions
  9. Cigna
   


My insurance card is not on your list of accepted cards, but I want see a doctor at Eureka. Can the clinichelp me with the submission of my insurance claims?

  Yes.  At Eureka Medical Clinic, we see many patients from the US Virgin Islands and some BVI residents  who have CIGNA, United Health Care or other health insurance plans for which we are not preferred providers.

Your business is important to us and we would like to make it as easy as possible for you to obtain care at Eureka. We have therefore made a commitment to help you with the submission of the paperwork to your insurance carrier. For some procedures, rather than having you pay up-front,  we will work with you to have the insurance company pay us directly. ( Ask to see our insurance coordinator).
   
What are your hours of business?
 

The clinic is open:

8:30 am- 6:00 pm    Mondays- Fridays
8:30 am -1:00 pm    Saturdays

We are closed on Sundays and on Public Holidays (link to public holidays)
 
 
 
 
 
 
Geneva Place, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands - Telephone #: (284) 494-2346
Copyright © 2008 Eureka Medical Clinic | EMR by EMR Experts | As seen in Doctor Pages | Website by Medical Web Experts